Sold For: $100,000
Gibson 1994 Centennial Guitar Collection
I am pleased to be able to offer this unique collection of Gibson guitars. Available today is the complete set of 12 Gibson Centennial Guitars that were issued in 1994. There was 1 guitar produced for each month of the year and only 100 of each was made (1 for each of the 100 years). Finding a complete set in new/unplayed condition is very rare. Owner paid $10,000 each for these guitars ($120,000 total) back in 1994.
This set includes the original cases, and comes with original certificates, promo items etc, as well all of the original shipping cartons from Gibson.
The twelve guitars include:
Centennial Les Pauls (1994)
The year 1994 was a big one for Gibson, representing its 100th anniversary, and the company wanted to "do it big". Promotional material issued to "valued collectors" announced the Gibson Centennial Collection, and told anxious buyers that "this is an opportunity which is offered once in a lifetime so don't wait another hundred years!"
Only 100 of each guitar model was produced with some of the most elegant enhancements offered by a guitar manufacturer to that date.
Special limited edition appointments included:
- 11 pt. Diamond on the Gibson headstock logo
- 5 pts. Diamonds on 22 carat plated top hat knobs with embedded 100 year anniversary logo
- Jeweled sterling silver serial number embedded on the tailpiece
- Mother of pearl inlays including 12th fret inlay saying "100th Anniversary 1894 1994"
- Each guitar numbered in series from 1894 to 1994, signifying Gibson's 100 years.
- 22 carat gold plated anniversary Orville Gibson coin embedded on the back of the headstock
- Silk screened anniversary headstock cover
- Hand-tooled leather case, complete with outer covering
- Hand-tooled embossed leather strap with 100 year anniversary logo
- Personalized framed picture of each individual guitar for the purchaser
- Silk ribbon with 100th Anniversary logo
- Jeweled, gold signet ring with Gibson 100 Year Anniversary logo personalized for the purchaser of the guitar
Truly a rare opportunity to add to your collection. No need to buy these rare guitars one by one - get it all done in one shot.
Gibson Centennial Guitar Collection - All 12 - All Mint/New Condition
Great Shots of 3 of the Guitars - Front and Back
3 More to Look at
3 More Beauties
Last But Not Least
Guitars are located in Baltimore, MD. Any interested party is welcome to come in and inspect the guitars.
Terms & Conditions
This item is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected this item, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the item.