Sold For: $65,000
1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder Recreation by Modena 6350 Miles
I am pleased to be able to offer this 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Short Wheel Base California Spyder Recreation by Modena Design and Research of El Cajon, California. This is the same manufacturer who produced the infamous "Ferrari Bueller" Cal Spyders for the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." This one is presented in yellow exterior with black interior and with only 6350 miles. The VIN # is CA399470.
This is a manufactured car and not a kit car. It is a hand built fiberglass recreation powered by a Ford 289 power plant and should not be confused with anything having to do with a Fiero or Datsun 240Z. These are very rare as Modena only made a handful of these before Ferrari shut them down. Very high quality and this car is jam packed with very tasteful upgrades.
This beauty features:
- Smiths gauges
- Chrome bezels around speedometer, tachometer and instruments
- Center rearview mirror affixed to dash - original was affixed to window frame
- Aluminum wipers - original had black wipers
- Edelbrock performance intake manifold
- Holley carb (650 4 barrel)
- Ignition upgraded to performance coil
- Electronic ignition (Pertronix ignition)
- Newer power steering unit
- Procar Leather seats
- Tires in excellent condition (75% tread remaining)
- Rear storage package shelf behind driver's seat
- Lecarra wooden steering wheel
- Cross structured chassis
- Power steering
- Convertible canvas top with leather boot
- High quality carpet throughout car and trunk
- Stereo - AM/FM cassette player with separate eq.
- Chrome gasoline lid
- Chrome mirrors (2)
- Chrome front and rear bumpers
- 4 chrome exhaust pipes with yellow trim (Monza exhaust)
- New custom aluminum radiator with electric fan
- Wire wheels with knock offs
- Ferrari tire pressure caps
- Chrome rear deck handles and door handles
- Ferrari logos, script and prancing horses throughout
- Fog lights
- Triple reservoir custom brake system
Car is located in Birmingham, AL.
Terms & Conditions
This item is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected this item, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the item.