Sold For: $4,500
2008 Yamaha YFZ450 SE Special Edition Tons of Mods
Available today is a 2008 Yamaha YFZ450 SE Special Edition ATV. VIN # is JY4AJ35Y88C002413. Quad comes with a PA title for an All-Terrain Vehicle. Owner estimates that the vehicle has less than 12 hours of run time on it.
Key Features of the stock YFZ Special Edition:
- The YFZ450 Special Edition is so hot, it comes with a GYTR™ front grab bar and heel guards plus orange/black paint with special graphics.
- The lightest, most powerful ATV ever, winner of just about every magazine shootout, 2004/2006 GNCC and Quadcross Championships, 2005/2006 World Four-Stroke Champion and ATV Illustrated's 2007 Sport ATV of the Year (a tie with our own Raptor 700R).
- Most powerful, industry-exclusive five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry weight give the YFZ450 the best power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever produced.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with fully adjustable suspension means YFZ450 is also the best-handling race-bred ATV ever produced.
- The YFZ450 comes standard with push button electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
- 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves features 95mm bore and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Large-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
- Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
- High performance 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) delivers ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response.
- Additional weight-saving engine features include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right side crankcase cover; small-design cam chain tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil hose; and light CDI ignition unit.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank directly in front of the engine for excellent cooling and optimal protection from rocks or mud.
- DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine response during hard acceleration.
- High-performance stainless steel exhaust header is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
- Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
- Ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap; extremely light and compact.
- Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension features competition-spec piggyback shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and adjustable preload, rebound and high- and low-speed compression damping.
- New rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type, controlled by a fully adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of travel and separate adjusters for preload, rebound and compression damping.
- Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces weight and ensures optimal suspension action.
- Front brake master cylinder and lever give excellent feel and feedback.
- Drilled rear brake disc reduces unsprung weight and offers excellent feel and feedback.
- A internal oil jet aimed at the piston bottom keeps things cool and well lubricated.
- Titanium heat shield is super light and strong.
- Long travel out back means an excellent ride and handling.
- Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies that job, and a twin-piston rear brake caliper provides strong, controllable rear braking.
- Numerous aluminum components including the swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank, grab bars and wheels help keep overall dry weight down to a paltry 350 pounds.
- Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is light and super-strong.
- Lightweight front and rear master cylinders, combined with twin 161mm front discs with twin-piston calipers and single 200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping power with progressive control and feel.
- High-performance 21x7R-10 front and 20x10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading traction.
- Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider movement.
- Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector halogen headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing appearance. LED taillight is tough, draws less current and has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
This quad has a long list of mods including:
- GYTR skid plate package
- GYTR clutch cover
- GYTR water pump cover
- GYTR nerf bars
- GYTR throttle housing
- Bead lock wheels with Maxxis tires
- Renthal handle bars
- K & N air filter
- FMF factory exhaust pipe
- Powder coated frame and A arms
- Shock covers
- Pull tether
- much much more
Trailer that is pictured is available for additional $500 (trailer also has a title).
This ATV is located in Staten Island, NY for personal inspection and/or test drive.
Terms & Conditions
This item is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected this item, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the item.