Sold For: $88,000
Boydster II 1932 Ford Roadster Built by Boyd Coddington & Designed by Chip Foose
I am pleased to offer this 1932 Ford Boydster II. There is no mistaking the Chip Foose-designed lines and quality execution of the Deuce-based Boydster II Roadster. Boyd Coddington was responsible for some of the most famous hot rods and customs in the industry, and he is widely credited for helping to shape the clean, smooth hot rod themes prevalent today. His work was awarded numerous magazine covers and countless awards. This car in particular was the subject of a large magazine article and was shown at the SEMA show and covered on TV.
This "Buckaroo" Boydster II (so named for the man how had the car built, Jim Dalton, owner of Buckaroo Communications) is the only Boydster II that was built with a 320hp Ford 302 crate motor. The power is kept under control with a full Boyd independent coilover suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes, an AOD automatic overdrive transmission with Boyd Coddington billet wheels wearing high-performance Goodyear tires. This vehicle is in outstanding condition with countless special features, including special Boyd gauges, Boyd Coddington wheels and three-spoke steering wheel, billet suspension, Pro-Ride chassis, and much, much more. Mileage shows 3216 +/- miles and is believed to be correct. This is a glass bodied car. VIN # is 18224529 (New York Title).
According to the owner, the highlights of this special car include:
- This is the car shown at SEMA in Las Vegas
- This is the car that Chip Foose designed and was personally involved with
- This is the only one that has a FORD Motor in it
- Jim Dalton was the first owner of this car
- The second owner was offered $300,000 for this car shortly after Boyd Coddington's death
The paint was skillfully applied by Charlie Hutton while Gabe Lopez stitched the handsome red leather interior. The red-on-red combination is striking, although the car would look good in any color. The red does set the car apart and blends its flowing lines all the more, adding to the long hood, extending the organic feeling from front to rear. This roadster was superbly designed and built by two of street rods masters with no expenses spared.
A more detailed list of features:
- 1 of just a handful Boydster II's built by Boyd's staff entirely in-house
- 1 of 1 cars with a 302 Ford crate engine
- Leather interior by Gabe Lopez
- Originally designed by CHIP FOOSE
- Dupont "Boyd Red" Paint - Painted by Charlie Hutton
- FULL FEATURE with fold-out Ford Collector Series Poster in March 2004 "Street Rod Builder" Magazine (Vol.5, #3, p.60)
- LED Turn Signals
- Suicide Doors
- Sandersoon block-hugger headers
- Zoops Pulleys
- Coddington Chassis
- Full Boyd independent suspension
- Carrera adjustable coilovers
- AOD TPI transmission with 2,200-stall-speed converter
- Polished Stainless BORLA Exhaust System
- Lokar Shifter & Pedals
- BOYD Instrument Cluster and Gauges
- Flush-mount Precision Rodware LED taillights
- Eldelbrock Intake & 750cfm Demon Carburetor
- Flaming River Tilt column
- Boyd steering wheel
- Phipps door pulls
- Goodyear 175/55-15 front tires on one-off Boyd Coddington Wheels
- Goodyear 255/55-17 Eagle RS-A tires with matching pair of Coddington Wheels at 17x9.5" wide
- 3.70:1 positraction gearing
- I have personally spoken to Jim Dalton and Duane Mayer (Boyd shop manager) about this car and both remember it and confirm all the details found herein. Also, Chris Coddington, Boyd's son has offered to authenticate this car in writing and to add it to his online registry (fee applies).
** - as an added bonus, also included with this Boydster is a limited edition radio controlled 1:8 scale Boydster II in the original box. Color is black with flame graphics.
So if you want a street rod that will surely be the center of attention at any show or cruise, then you need to plant yourself in the drivers seat of this Chip Foose designed, Boyd Coddington built Boydster II. It will not disappoint.
Incredible Boydster II Built by Coddington & Foose
Engine Shots and Great Details Pictures
Custom Red Interior
Show Quality Underside
As Featured in the March 2004 Street Rod Builder Magazine as well as Pics of the 1:8 Scale Boydster RC Car
- A truly rare opportunity to own a rare Boydster
- Only the best components were used
- An incredible attention getter
- Be the envy of your street rodding buddies in this Boydster
I invite and encourage any interested party to inspect this vehicle in the Poconos, PA. and determine for yourself that this car is truly in excellent condition. Seeing is really believing.
*If you own a special interest, exotic or high end automobile or motorcycle that you need to sell, consider having me represent you. Take the hassle out of selling your vehicle and give it to me. Click on the ME and follow the link to my website*
**If you are considering this car and worried that it will be swiped up by another admiring Ebayer, use the Buy it Now so that you can sleep comfortably at night knowing that the car is yours. Please note that if you hit the Buy it Now by mistake (as has happened in the past), you will be charged a $75 re-listing fee. Bid carefully.
Take advantage of proxy bidding: Don't loose the vehicle at the last minute! There have been many people who have lost bids in the past because they were not familiar with proxy bidding. When you bid, bid the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on the vehicle. Each time someone bids higher than your last bid, eBay will automatically increment your bid by the minimum bid amount until it reaches your maximum. Don't get stuck loosing a good deal!
Testimonials - Bid with Confidence
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a great 1988 Lotus Esprit S4 Turbo "AAA+++, This is the way Ebay is supposed to work. Everybody is happy!!! Thanks."
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a beautiful 1970 Mercedes 280SL. "My acquisition of a vehicle with Ron conducting the transaction went without a single problem. The description of the car was complete, informative and quite accurate. There were no surprises. All my questions and concerns were promptly addressed. His attention to details continued beyond the actual sale until the car was safely in my garage. As a new buyer I had only a positive experience and recommend him to the eBay community without reservation."
Read what another buyer had to say when he received his 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. "Car better than expected, Ron is prompt, friendly and honest, Highly Recommend!!"
Read what another person who purchased an '88 Mercedes 560SL had to say "Thanks, Ron, for your prompt, courteous and honest service. I've been looking for the right '88-'89 MB 560SL for the past three years - you found it for me! I couldn't be more pleased with the responsive, highly professional manner in which you handled my special needs. I'll buy from you again".
Terms & Conditions
This item is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected this item, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the item.